Library Summer 2020 Reads
Recommended summer reads and the power of reading
The Library have put together a list of recommended summer reads for all year groups, as well as parents and staff. Click on the link to take a look: BHGS Library Recommended Summer 2020 Reads
The power of reading is immense. International reading studies show that reading is more important than ever before. Why? Because…
- It helps develop your empathy – by allowing you to step into someone else’s shoes and experience their life. This allows us to better understand each other and communicate more clearly
- It helps nurture your mental health and well-being
- It helps you develop your vocabulary and comprehension
- Reading gives us words – words which we can use to express ourselves, leading to less frustration and anger and better mental health
- It increases your knowledge, therefore making you smarter!
- Reading has been reported as one of the most important factors in children’s and young people’s educational success. Yet children in England report reading for pleasure much less than children in other countries
- It can help you sleep better & a good night’s sleep is key to mental health
- Reading is like a gym work out for your brain!
- You may not like reading – but as with everything the more you practice the easier it gets. When things are easier we enjoy them more!
So why not grab a book… and go on a new adventure…
Wishing everyone a wonderful summer break.