We consider that wearing a school uniform is an essential characteristic of Bishop’s Hatfield Girls’ School, since it encourages girls to identify themselves as members of our school community and it provides a special form of training for later life.
We expect a tidy, smart appearance and the wearing of sensible clothes at all times. In order to maintain standards, if a pupil is in incorrect uniform and with no signed note from home to explain why, then we will either ring home and ask for correct uniform to be brought into school or the pupil will be sent home to change. Any pupil wearing the incorrect shoes will be expected to put on plain black plimsolls (sourced by the school) for the duration of the school day.
Confiscated jewellery will be retained by the school for a half-term.
SKIRT: BHGS Skirt – worn properly, not rolled up or adjusted in any way and worn at an appropriate length please.
TROUSERS: Smart, straight cut, plain navy not black. Hipsters, jeans, flares are not acceptable.
SHOES: Black with low heels. NO BOOTS or TRAINERS. No fabric shoes e.g. plimsoll or trainer-like canvas.
SOCKS/TIGHTS: Either plain black tights (NOT PATTERNED) or white or black ankle socks. Socks should be plain and no higher than just above the ankle.
JUMPER/CARDIGAN: School style knitted material, V- necked with embroidered school logo. School hoodies may only be worn for PE. Jumpers and cardigans not to be tucked into skirts.
BLOUSE: School style in honey yellow. If T-shirts are worn beneath blouses, they should not be visible. No polo necked jumpers to be worn beneath blouses.
HEAD SCARVES/HIJAB: Only plain navy blue or black scarves / hijabs can be worn for religious purposes. Under scarves worn beneath head scarves should be plain blue, white or black. Headscarves should be secured and not hang loose.
JEWELLERY: A watch and ONE pair of small plain gold or silver ear studs, one in each lower ear lobe. No ear lobe stretchers please. No nose/tongue studs/retainers of any kind, other body piercings or other jewellery is allowed. No tattoos are permitted.
Pupils wearing jewellery which does not meet the uniform policy will have the jewellery confiscated until the end of the half term.
HAIR: Natural colours only, including braids and extensions. No hair decorations other than a simple black, navy blue or white hairband, clip or tie. Beads should be natural hair colour or clear and only worn at the end of the hair. No extremes of hair style including cut or design. Hair must be tied back for practical subjects and wrapped if necessary.
NO EXCESSIVE MAKEUP, NAIL VARNISH/ACRYLIC OR GEL NAILS/ADORNMENTS.
NO FALSE EYELASHES/EYELASH EXTENSIONS.
NAILS MUST BE TRIMMED TO A SHORT LENGTH.
- Bishop’s navy with yellow panels school PE top with school emblem and initials
- A navy with yellow panels skort with school emblem and initials
- Indoor trainers – No black soled trainers permitted
- White sports socks for athletics, cricket, netball, rounders and tennis
- Football boots/outdoor trainers/Astroturf trainers
- Long navy socks with 2 stripe yellow trim
- Black leotard for dance and gymnastics
- Gum shield for hockey and rugby
- Shinpads for hockey and rugby
- Navy sweatshirt/tracksuit with school emblem and initials
- Plain navy jogging bottoms
- Black sports leggings with school emblem and initials for dance, gymnastics and trampolining
- Navy sports leggings with school emblem and initials for athletics and fitness
- Navy hooded jumper with school emblem and initials
- Bishop’s navy drawstring sports bag with school emblem and initials
- Navy blue athletics shorts with school emblem
Initials should be embroidered on the outside of all PE kit so it is clearly visible for the PE staff to see. Please ensure the name and form of your child is written or sewn into the inside labels. We cannot return kit that has not been named.
Our uniform supplier is Smarty Schoolwear, Town Centre, Hatfield Online Shop