House Hadid emerge as winners for the first ever BHGS Virtual Sports Day Week!
Huge congratulations to House Hadid for winning our first ever BHGS Virtual Sports Day Week with a whopping 597 points!We had over 150 pupils taking part and around 30 staff too with some excellent results in all of the 8 events. It was brilliant to see so many people involved and even more impressed to see some of you trying again (and again!) to improve your scores – well done everyone!
Final positions were as follows –
1st – House Hadid
2nd – House Austen
3rd – House Franklin
4th – House Parr
5th – House Seacole
A special well done to the following pupils/staff –
– 7 Austen – This form had the highest number of pupils involved in any form in the school (19) and received an extra 100 House Points as a reward for their efforts.
– Amelia Taylor – 7 Franklin – The Most Valuable Pupil in Year 7 scoring 33 House Points (3 x 1st place and 1 x 5th place). A great effort – well done Amelia!
– Olivia Riley – 8 Franklin – The Most Valuable Pupil in Year 8 scoring 17 House Points ( 3 x 2nd place and 1 x 4th place). A brilliant effort – well done Olivia!
– Katelin Reed – 9 Austen – The Most Valuable Pupil in Year 9 scoring a HUGE 53 House Points ( 5 x 1st place and 1 x 3rd place). An outstanding effort – well done Katelin!
– Miss Morgan (PE Dept) – The Most Valuable Staff Member scoring 25 House Points ( 2 x 1st place, 1 x 3rd place and 1 x 5th place). A fantastic effort – well done Miss Morgan!
Finally a few thank you’s –
Thank you to all of the pupils for all of their hard work and effort during the week. It’s been fantastic to see so many of you involved and representing your form and Houses.
Thank you to all of the form tutors and Heads of House for promoting and encouraging the pupils to get involved in this event.
Thank you to all of the staff who got involved (especially those who made those brilliant videos!) in the events. It was great to see all of your efforts and we know the girls really appreciated seeing you getting involved too.
Thank you to Mrs Dudley for organising all of the results sheets and helping to collate the final scores.
Thank you to Mrs Fautrero-Sayer for all of the social media posts and updates to help promote the event.
And last but not least, thank you to the PE department for all of their hard work in organising and running Virtual Sports Day Week 2020. Sports Day is normally a huge task in terms of preparation and running a whole school event and we were determined not to miss out this year – even with Lockdown! Thank you for taking the time to make this event happen.
I hope you have had as much fun as we have had getting involved and doing something a little different (and definitely memorable) for Sports Day this year and here’s hoping we can do our regular Sports Day next year!
Have a lovely Summer break everyone! Stay safe, keep active and see you in September!
BHGS PE Department